May 1, 2020 | View PDF
Toward the end of last year (2019), a new strain of flu erupted in Wuhan, China, spread very rapidly, and soon began killing people. Rumors circulated that it escaped from Wuhan’s level-4 bioweapons research laboratory. Other sources suggested it came from unsanitary preparation of meat from dogs, cats, bats, and pangolins at Wuhan’s world-famous Huanan seafood market—a “wet market” where live animals are bought and sold. The pangolin is an anteater-like creature prized for its scales and Chinese cuisine. It is also an endangered and protected species.
The virus quickly spread over China and soon infected foreign tourists, including those on cruise ships. From there, it went all over the world, including the United States.
The so-called “mainstream” news media repeatedly reported prophecies of doom and grossly exaggerated death tolls. Less than 1% of the deceased were healthy persons without other pre-existing chronic illnesses. But since they tested positive for the coronavirus (COVID-19), they were classified as COVID-19 victims. State and local authorities began to panic as though this was a real-life version of The Andromeda Strain or The Satan Bug.
By March, 2020, cities and even entire states imposed quarantines, public assembly bans, curfews, travel bans, school closures, “stay at home” orders, and lockdowns. Public places for recreation and entertainment, including beaches, were shut down, right at the time of spring break for many thousands of young people. Local businesses were forced to close and lay off millions of workers. Unemployment claims skyrocketed. Panicked citizens emptied store shelves of groceries, disinfectants, toilet paper, bottled water, and other supplies.
On a California beach, a policeman saw a lone man on his surfboard. In spite of being all alone with no possibility of infecting anyone, the policeman arrested him and hauled him off to jail. By doing so, he not only violated and exposed him to possible infection, but he also exposed himself and other personnel at the jail.
A lady in Ohio became bored and decided to “go on a drive.” Being inside her car by herself, there was no chance of infecting anybody. Nevertheless, a trooper pulled her over and handed her a citation for $400.
Kentucky Governor Andy Beshear denied out of state travel for all Kentucky residents. Then he topped it off by ordering police to record the license plates of people attending Easter Sunday services. Violators were fined $500 and forcibly quarantined in their homes for 14 days.
Montgomery Mayor Steven Reed imposed a 10pm to 5am curfew for the city and all of Montgomery County.
On April 3, Alabama Governor Kay Ivey decreed a “stay at home” mandate for the entire state, claiming that “COVID-19 is an imminent threat to our way of life… It is NOW the law… We’ve got to take this order dead serious.” Ivey’s order included a $500 fine.
WACV Radio talk show host Greg Budell heard its announcement, and he exploded into the most thermonuclear rant of his career. “How could you possibly do this?”
These impositions against personal and economic freedom terrified all American citizens. Suddenly, America’s peaceful population was bombarded with thoughts of Nazi Germany, the Soviet Union, Red China, North Korea, checkpoints, “Your papers, please,” fines, penalties, and even time in jail for violating new laws against common, routine, everyday activities.
Authorities also denied access to treatments. An executive order by New York Governor Andrew M. Cuomo restricted prescriptions of promising hydroxychloroquine and chloroquine.
About 174.5 million flu shots have been distributed this season in the U. S. The January 10, 2020 issue of VACCINE journal noted that 7.8% of vaccinated subjects became infected with COVID-19 versus 5.8% who were not. Could this year’s flu vaccine be laced with the coronavirus?
Politicians are now demanding more than just our money. They want the power to run and micro-manage our personal lives—to condition us to accept the heavy hand of intrusion and regulation in everything we do “for our own good.” Are we going to accept this new set of slave chains and resort to becoming “sheeple” under the rule of a new Nazi regime?
Over the years, we have suffered numerous epidemics. We endured Asian Flu, Hong Kong Flu, HIV/AIDS, SARS, Swine Flu, MERS, and the deadly Ebola. Each of these ran its course with no widespread quarantines or travel limitations, at least not here in America. Not within anybody’s memory have we suffered such draconian personal violations.
The law of natural selection has always been with us and always will be. That is what keeps us strong and healthy. Yes, some people will die. That is a hard fact of life. We cannot put everybody in a bubble. And even if we could, no rational person would want to live in one.
Now, instead of a bubble, here are some tips to resist the coronavirus:
1. GET SOME SUNSHINE VITAMIN D. Yes, Vitamin D pills are
available, but doctors universally agree that the sun is the best way to get it. Spend at least an hour outdoors in the sun, or two hours in partial shade. The more time spent outside, the better. Wear minimal clothing for maximum benefit.
2. BE ACTIVE. While you are outside, do some activities. Mow your lawn, do some gardening, build something, lift weights, or just walk around. Running is even better.
3. TAKE VITAMIN C. Take at least a 500 mg tablet daily. Two of these or a 1000 mg tablet is better. Consult your doctor for optimum dosage.
4. HYDROXYCHLOROQUINE SULFATE supplemented with ZINC has shown positive outcomes to combat the coronavirus. It is most effective when the infection starts at the fever level. Since it has proven safe for other treatments, taking it should be a good idea. Consult your doctor.
5. And finally, call, text, or e-mail Kay Ivey and DEMAND an immediate retraction of her “stay at home” order and forced closures of businesses. Our economy and our lives depend on it. We cannot sacrifice thousands of lives in the future just to satisfy her ego.
In stressful times like this, never forget the words of Patrick Henry.
1. Whitehead, John W., The Attack on Civil Liberties in the Age of COVID-19, April 3, 2020. https://www.lewrockwell.com/2020/04/john-w-whitehead/john-whitehead-the-attack-on-civil-
2. Sardi, Bill, Nation In Coronavirus Turmoil: Is There No Way Out?, April 4, 2020. https://www.lewrockwell.com/2020/04/no_author/nation-in-coronavirus-turmoil-is-there-no-way-out/
3. Tips, Scott C, Never Has So Little Done So Much Harm to So Many, April 6, 2020. https://www.lewrockwell.com/2020/04/no_author/never-has-so-little-done-so-much-harm-to-so-many/
4. Paul, Ron, End the Shutdown; It’s Time for Resurrection!, April 7, 2020. https://www.lewrockwell.com/2020/04/ron-paul/end-the-shutdown-its-time-for-resurrection/
5. Noel, Paul, Since the coronavirus vaccine won't be available until a year from now, will we have to witness the deaths of the vulnerable population until then?, Mar 17, 2020. https://www.quora.com/Since-the-coronavirus-vaccine-wont-be-available-until-a-year-from-now-will-we-have-to-witness-the-deaths-of-the-vulnerable-population-until-then?