Quarantine Ramblings: Bits And Pieces Part 10
May 1, 2020 | View PDF
As we move into our second month of in-home lockdown, people around the country are beginning to get upset with the slowness of the pace of knocking the Wuhan (I mean COVID-19) out. I watch way too many YouTube videos or Facebook posts of bored people doing some pretty interesting and funny stuff along with a bunch of incredibly stupid things. People are beginning to get cabin fever and want to get out. I understand on one level but at the same time I really don’t feel like dying simply because I wanted to go to the movies. Protests have already started gearing up and I guess within the next month or so, if many states are still on lockdown, we may begin to see a little violence mixed in with the protests.
People are on television and on the internet complaining that they have to stay home and for those who are in dire straits because they need to work, I understand 100%. For those who simply want to get out of their house and away from their spouse, not so much. People have asked me what I have been doing and if the lockdown is bothering me. I have to be honest and say that I am really not yet affected. 18 months ago, I had a horrendous shoulder surgery followed up with another failed one six months later followed up with a successful one in October of last year. I am just now getting ready to get back into the cockpit once I take my physical but right now, the Delta Training Center is 100% shut down so I cannot even get into training if I wanted to. One planning manager told me I might not get into training until June or July. So, guess what? For me, these past five weeks or so have been exactly the same as the previous 18 months.
When people ask me what I do I tell them I do not get bored because I always find things to do. Sometimes it admittedly gets tiresome but I know that I will at least get back into the jet shortly. So, in the meantime while I have been out, I have read close to 150 books and monographs, re-written one of my screenplays, published an article for a national aviation magazine and am about 60% finished with the first draft of my next book. Without giving too much away, it is of course non-fiction, deals with WWII and has lots of airplanes, bombs, Germans, Brits and Americans (imagine that). Yes, this project is keeping me very busy. All I will say is that once it is finished, I think it will change the fallacious narrative on one of the most controversial episodes in WWII.
So other than that, I try to avoid a lot of the news but you cannot totally hide from it. So, in this edition of Robservations, I bring you another issue of “Bits and Pieces.”
1. Joe Biden: Okay. I mean this from the bottom of my heart. All kidding aside. I feel totally sorry for the man. I really do. To me, and millions of others, it seems as though he is in the early stages of dementia. It is hard to deny. I watched an Australian news show the other day and the woman was shocked that he was going to be the Democratic nominee. It is no wonder why his campaign is doing everything they can to keep him off of television. Every time the man opens his mouth you never know what is going to come out. If he ever gets into a public debate with President Trump, it will be a blood bath greater than the St. Valentine’s Day Massacre.
I will be the first to admit that President Trump has been known to say some strange things in his day but in all intellectual honesty, Biden has taken this to a new level. My wife knows that when I am embarrassed for someone, I always hide my face. Don’t know why but I do. I find myself hiding my face almost every time Biden speaks. And like I said, I feel sorry for him and I think those surrounding him need to do the honorable thing and get him the heck out of there. This is not American Idol or some stupid popularity contest. We need a leader who is physically and mentally fit to do the most demanding of jobs. I get it that many people hate President Trump and I am not a Trump-no-matter-what guy. I have to admit that over the past two months, if someone were to take an honest look at the President, this Wuhan crises is clearly wearing him down. He looks really tired. I honestly cannot imagine if Biden was in control right now. The reality is that someone else would actually be in control anyway. I predict that if Biden wins, oy, he will not last the full term. He will be relieved early because of his mental state. Just look at these two Biden ramblings and believe me, they are infinitely worse when you hear him speak these words. Yes, in the first quote he does actually say, “. . . democracy sakes second fiddle…”:
– “We cannot let this, we’ve never allowed any crisis from the Civil War straight through to the pandemic of 17, all the way around, 16, we have never, never let our democracy sakes second fiddle, way they, we can both have a democracy and ... correct the public health.”
– “Um, you know there's a, uh, during World War II, uh, you know, where Roosevelt came up with a thing, that uh, you know, was totally different, than a, than the, he called it the, you know, the WWII, he had the War Production Board.”
I am hiding my face right now. Get the man out of there.
2. North Korea’s Kim Jong Un has been missing in action since 15 April. Is he dead? Sick? Playing video games? Nobody knows. Rumors are circulating wildly around the Korean Peninsula. One rumor is his sister may take over if he is unable to continue. One article I read said that if there is no clear successor to his seat, pandemonium may reign in North Korea for a while. Remember, they do have nukes, bio and chem weapons and who is going to be controlling them in the future? More to follow.
3. Who could have seen this coming? In New York City at least, 50 of 1500 inmates released for fears of spreading COVID-19 have landed back in jail. Joseph Edwards Williams, one of 164 inmates released from a jail in Tampa, committed murder the day after he was released. Clue, anytime the government tells you they are only going to release non-violent offenders, here it comes, THEY ARE LYING! This model citizen from Tampa had some 35 previous arrests to his name. Really, who could have seen that coming?
4. Geng Shuang, a spokesman from Beijing has told America we need to stop saying the Corona virus is from China; which it is. At the same time, the Chinese are spending boatloads of cash around the world telling everybody that the virus is from America. One really interesting lie is that the US Army basically dropped it off in Wuhan. But I love it. China telling us to stop telling the truth so they can spread lies and misinformation. What does our press do? Oh, its Trump’s fault. Predictable.
5. Here’s one. Finally, President Trump has given the green light to Navy Captains to sink Iranian gunboats that are threatening American ships. Like clockwork, some lefties are saying Trump is trying to start a war and yet reality proves they are idiots. Bottom line, in international waters, you approach an American ship in a threatening manner with one of your toy gunboats, we have the right to sink it – it is called self-protection or in the world of U.S. doctrinally stated principles of war, it falls under Security. Trump is not starting anything but he may likely finish it.
6. From the “Gotta Love This” file. Spain had some 400,000 protective masks for healthcare workers shipped from China while the Netherlands had 600,000. What do you think the chances that those masks were all defective and had to be tossed? Now that some 30,000 Spanish medical types are quarantined with COVID-19, they are still in search of some quality masks. But at least the 640,000 Chinese COVID-19 antigen test kits that were made available to the Spanish and those also available to the Dutch and Czechs were life savers. But wait, those had a 70% fail rate vs. the 80% anticipated pass rate. Nevermind.
7. Trump pulls funding from the W.H.O. Okay, I am not sure I agree with pulling 100% of funding for the World Health Organization (because of their Corona handling), but come on. I understand to a point. Why is it that the United States should pay $436 million while China for example pays $30? Much like the UN and why some of our NATO partners hate President Trump is because he holds people accountable or calls them out. I think the times are over for the US paying the lion share of all international organizations, in particular NATO, the UN and the W.H.O.) while getting little in return other than condemnation from those same organizations. There is absolutely no reason for China and several other wealthy countries not to match the United States dollar-for-dollar.
8. Proof that the best defense is a strong offense? The Chinese, according to an article on Breitbart has said, “We can’t dismiss America as Coronavirus origin until U.S. proves otherwise.” Prove innocence? How exactly is that done except proving the virus’ Chinese origins. We could interview the Chinese whistleblower who worked in one of the Wuhan labs but then again, he is dead now. More to come I am sure.