The Truth and The Lie
June 1, 2022 | View PDF
Four years ago, I wrote the first part of this Robservation. It doesn’t seem that long ago but it was. Not surprisingly, things have not even come close to changing. You might even say that things under the new administration are far worse. Why? Because they are. But I felt compelled to reiterate the first part of this and to add a couple of more items. The lie is still in force and like the Wizard of Oz, the alphabet networks are hellbent on not letting us look at the man behind the curtain. Here we go.
According to a 19th century legend, the Truth and the Lie met one sunny summer day. The Lie told the Truth, “It surely is a very beautiful day today, is it not?”
Truth looked around suspiciously and raised her eyes to heaven for the day was indeed really beautiful. “Indeed, it is,” she said. So, the two spent all day playing together until they happened upon a swimming hole. The Lie said, “Hey, Truth, it is so hot right now and the water appears to be very nice, let’s go swimming together!”
Truth, always suspicious of the Lie, tested the water with her toes. The water was deliciously refreshing, she agreed and the two quickly undressed and started swimming.
Suddenly the devious Lie rushed from the water, put on Truth’s clothes and scurried away. Furious at the Lie’s deception, Truth emerged from the water in order to expose the Lie and recover her own clothes. The world, ever watching however, seeing the Truth naked and uncovered turned its eyes with contempt, fear, horror and rage.
Truth, abandoned and dishonored, returned to the swimming hole and disappeared forever while hiding in her shame. Only occasionally does she make herself known but only to be quickly driven back into the depths of darkness.
Since that fateful day, the Lie has traveled the world over dressed as the Truth while satisfying the needs of deceived societies and a decadent world that does not want to see nor acknowledge the naked Truth. ~ Jean-Léon Gérôme, 1896.
August 20, 2018, snowflake and fascist ANTIFA types knocked down the Silent Sam statue on the UNC Chapel Hill campus. I am not here to defend Silent Sam or definitely not the guy who erected the statue, but anarchy is not my gig. When reading about this and other such statues being destroyed or taken down, I came across the biography of a truly evil guy but I cannot understand why people are not clamoring for his statue to be removed from a college campus. This guy was born way back in 1649 and served in several business capacities until his death in 1721.
Records show that this man participated in and profited greatly from a flourishing slave trade. In other words, he was not just a slave owner but a slave trader. The worst of the worst. For example, in today’s world he wouldn’t be the Crackhead but the guy who supplies Crack to little kids. He wouldn’t just lust over child pornography, but he would have made it and participated in it. This is the kind of guy he was. He also enforced a law that at least ten slaves should be carried on every ship bound for Europe. In his capacity as judge he also on several occasions sentenced so-called “black criminals” to whipping and enslavement. When the demand for slaves began to increase rapidly, in order to keep up with growing demands, he and other English merchants apparently even began to kidnap young children and deport them to distant parts of the world, very much against their will.
In addition to being a slave trader, kidnapper and all-around dirt bag, he was eventually fired in 1692 for his illegal profiteering in a myriad of business dealings. Nice guy, huh? Yet his statue remains prominently on the college campus that bears his name; Yale University.
Yeah, you heard it right. Elihu Yale. I find it amazing how so many people, especially those from the north, hate and denigrate all things southern and feel it acceptable and their right to destroy historical monuments down here while keeping their monuments to horrific people intact and relevant school names in place. Before we allow any more destruction and social re-engineering here, let’s all flood New Haven, Connecticut, rip down the statue of a ghastly man while forcing an acceptable name change. If it works for a Robert E. Lee high school, it should work equally well at Yale University. Yup the Lie is forever “at it.”
Let’s flash forward four years and see what the lie is up to now.
1. George Washington University: Ridiculousness at its best. One would think that after several years of this nonsensical push to remove all things
American from within America, this foolishness would stop. But at the same time, why would anyone be so naïve as to think this? When there is never any legitimate pushback or standing up for oneself, the wannabe ruling class of socialists are going to keep pushing. Why wouldn’t they?
Recently, there was an Op Ed piece in the Washington Post that called for George Washington University to change its name because of course, George Washington owned slaves, was a bad man, blah, blah, blah. The way I look at it. It is time to tell people to simply shut up and move on. The most disturbing part of this article, and the irony should not be lost on anybody but here is a hint, “The Washington Post.” Am I the only one here seeing this? Where is Elihu Yale when you need him?
2. Biden Twitter Followers: In an audit by the software company Sparktoro, they determined that almost half (actually 41%) of all of President Biden’s Twitter followers, 14 out of 34 million, are either “bots” or inactive. Just saying.
3. We will comply: On April 26th, NBC reported that the Biden White House would comply with the US District judge’s ruling on the removal or keeping of Title 42. When Judge Robert Summerhays ruled that Title 42 must stay in place, the White House almost immediately said that they were going to appeal his ruling. Let’s talk about an egregious lie. You really cannot get a more in your face lie than this. I guess what the administration meant to say was, “We will fully comply with the District Judge’s ruling on Title 42 as long as he bows down to our demands, sacrifices the rule of law and becomes one of the many pawns in our continuing power grabbing efforts to destroy America. As long as he kisses the ring on my crooked finger, we will comply. If not, bugger off.” The Lie is smiling.
4. Just this morning, while in Asia, it appears that President Biden made yet another gaff when going off script. When asked if the United States would intervene militarily if China invades Taiwan, the President’s answer was a simple, unequivocal. “Yes.” We are not talking about aid but it was quite clear that the President said and invasion would involve American forces in direct confrontation with Chinese forces half a world away. This does translate into American blood. So significant was this statement that the White House immediately, like I mentioned in my last Robservation, started to “walk back” this statement. At first, they intimated that they did not hear what the President actually said and then fully came out and said there has been no policy shift concerning China. “Ignore the man behind the curtain!”
To be clear here, there is NO mutual Taiwan defense treaty. None. Zero. Zip. We are not obligated to direct military intervention as in Article 5 of the NATO Treaty. Whether he meant to or not, Biden’s own words signified a shift in our policy; or whatever was going on in his head at the time. He said, clear as a bell, that AMERICA WOULD INTERVENE MILITARILY IF CHINA
INVADED TAIWAN. Dance around it, ignore it, pretend it was never said but he said it and the whole world is left wondering what the heck he really meant. And yes, this goes back to my last Robservation in discussing his cognitive state right now. There is a never-ending scramble with White House officials almost anytime the man opens his mouth, leading us to question, “Who is really in charge?”
5. By the Numbers Only – April 2022; But They Only Want a Better Life.
234,000 – Number of encounters along our southern border.
97,000 – Those expelled under Title 42 health authority.
110,000 – Those released into the U.S.
5.8% – increase over the 221,303 in March.
203% – Border Patrol facilities over capacity.
157,555 – Unique encounters.
166,814 – Of all unique encounters, these were single adults.
54,773 – Number of family units encountered. Up 45%.
I could write on this all day and still not get anywhere with it. Let’s just understand one thing. The administration has no idea what it is doing on the border. None. The fact that thousands of people are pouring across our border from dozens of countries from all around the world is all you need to know. Many of the people invading our country, yes, it is an invasion, have shown they care absolutely nothing about our country, our laws or our way of life. Their actions speak louder than any of their words and crocodile tears. Like I said, I could write all day on this but am out of space. But simply think about the reality here. At this rate, in just two months, more people will be admitted into the US greater than the population of Montgomery. And some estimate that if Title 42 is lifted, the number of encounters will grow to 18,000 per day. Per day, people. Our country cannot sustain this. I cannot for the life of me see how people simply cannot see this.
In one way I fully understand the heart to help. But the do-gooder heart is a different animal. To help others and the expense of your nation’s safety, culture and prosperity is not admirable. I just read the other day for example where a lot of Germans are fleeing Germany and moving to, you guessed it, South America because of the situation in their country. Instead of fighting for the culture they created, they have turned it over, in part, to people who will have absolutely no value of those same things. That in my book is shameful and unfortunately, we are beginning to do the same thing here. Immigration? Yes. Illegal immigration? No.
More to follow.