AND YET WE ARE THE NIHILISTS!
October 1, 2022 | View PDF
NIHILISM: The rejection of all religious and moral principles, in the belief that life is meaningless.
A viewpoint that traditional values and beliefs are unfounded and that existence is senseless and useless. Extreme skepticism maintaining that nothing in the world has a real existence. A doctrine or belief that conditions in the social organization are so bad as to make destruction desirable for its own sake independent of any constructive program or possibility. It is also a political belief or action that advocates or commits violence or terrorism without discernable constructive goals.
Some common synonyms: negativity, cynicism, pessimism, rejection, repudiation, renunciation, denial, abnegation, disbelief, nonbelief, unbelief, absence of moral values, atheism, nontheism, agnosticism.
FAITH: Strong’s Concordance and the NASEC: G4102 – Pistis; Persuasion, that is credence; moral conviction (of religious truth, or the truthfulness of God or a religious teacher0, especially reliance upon Christ for salvation; constancy in such profession, by extension the system of religious (Gospel) truth itself: - assurance, belief, believe, faith, fidelity, faithfulness.
It was the great 20th Century statesman Winston Churchill who once said, “You cannot stop and throw stones at every dog that barks at you or you will never get to where you are going.” To this I agree. But there is a caveat to this. Every now and then, it is a stone that you must throw nonetheless. Early in my writing endeavors, I learned that you should never write when you are angry. Like the spoken word, the written word once let out of the bag, can never be retrieved. I am in minor violation of that right now but at the same time, what you will be reading today is nothing compared to what was first posited on my computer. Not even close.
The night that I sent in my last Robservation, my wife came across a disturbing article. She asked me, “What does Nihilism mean?” To be honest, I told her that I was not sure exactly but I knew it was not a good thing. So, like most mature humans, I looked it up for myself. If I am going to talk about something, I really want to know the definitions of what I am speaking about. Some of those definitions are listed at the top of this column. I asked her why she was curious about that word. She told me some guy, Edward Luce, a corporate journalist and chief commentator for U.S. political affairs at the Financial Times, had Tweeted, “I’ve covered extremism and violent ideologies around the world over my career. I have never come across a political force more nihilistic, dangerous and contemptable than today’s Republicans. Nothing close.”
I saw several short news clips discussing this but none seemed willing to directly confront the 800-pound lying gorilla throwing and eating his pooh in the corner. The pushing of this idea against the Right is direct affront to my Christian beliefs and an attack against the church. Sorry, but I have to speak up on this one. I have to say something even if it falls on deaf ears or persuades nobody. I don’t care. Calling Christianity, Jesus in effect “nihilistic?” Fights on! BTW, if you think being a Christian means one has to sit back and take somebody’s garbage and lick their boots without a fight, buy a Bible and do some reading for yourself.
I am not going to directly challenge this ridiculous idea with Luce. His words were foolish and damning enough. Hopefully he realized this when he first wrote them. Proverbs 26:5 says, “Answer a fool as his folly deserves, that he not be wise in his own eyes.” But indirectly, his idiocy will be challenged through both an equally ridiculous man, former CIA director and retired Air Force 4-Star General Michael Hayden and the fallacious definition they both tried to paint me with. Why Hayden? Well, when this man, I guess we can call him this, read Luce’s comments, he responded with, “I agree. And I was the CIA Director.” As if he was somehow imbued with some extraordinary level of intelligence and insight. He is not. Just do a simple search of his time at the CIA and look at some of the inane ideas this man had.
Among the things that wound me up over this is the way that people continue to use these “big” words that in their mind sound insightful and intelligent but in reality, their contextual use is unfathomable and indefensible. They are disingenuous, false and quite plainly, outright lies. When Luce let loose (yes, that was intentional) with his words, he basically stated that the Republicans are the worst people in the world. Just look at the definitions of nihilism. To him we are contemptable, dangerous and violent. Hayden agrees. If anyone believes the average Republican is worse or more dangerous than Nazis, Taliban, Communists, Khmer Rouge, ANTIFA, NFAC or dozens of other factions, you are clearly misguided. Simple.
The word “Nihilistic” is what really spun me up was. If you are going to place a “one size fits all” tag on Republicans, we must assume that part of that label is against the Christian right. Why? Because it is. That whole if A=B, B=C then A=C, thing again. We are lumped right over there with people who clearly are no part of what we are and what we stand for. Definitely not to the left and personally, I have modeled a third branch where the Christian right actually belongs but for now, we have to use the models thrust upon us. But Hayden thinks the Christian right is nihilistic. Remember what Churchill said about throwing rocks? Here they come.
By definition, nihilists are atheists. Read it for yourself. They believe in no God; they have no God. They often believe in violence for violence’s sake. Life is meaningless. There is no point to it. The destruction of social constructs are not just acceptable but desirable. The list goes on. Let the definition speak for itself. Now compare that to just the definition of faith. With any intellectual honesty, how can someone look at the Republican Party, and in turn the Christian right and call us “nihilists?” You can’t. Remember when Obama said that “we cling to guns or religion?” What, we were clinging to atheism? Really?
- Communism, socialism and Naziism all profess, in their truest sense to be atheist. Hitler, Stalin, Lennin, Marx; all atheists. This cannot be denied. “But I read where Hitler believed in God.” Again, really? Just because the Germans had “God with Us” on their belt buckles did not make them Christian. Sorry. Hitler a Christian, uhhhh, No! Our progressive Left is moving daily, willingly toward full blown socialism whose ultimate goal is communism - - atheism. They are. Yet in the 20th Century, Communism is estimated to have killed 95-100 million people. Mao Zedong alone killed 45 million of his own people in his “Great Leap Forward”; the greatest mass murder in human history. The Nazis (National Socialists), 21-28 million killed total through genocide, murder and institutional practices such as slave labor. - - And yet we are called nihilists! (AYWACN!)
- Open borders in violation of our own immigration laws. No regard for rule of law. AYWACN!
- No cash bail for repeat criminal offenders. Even those guilty of rape, attempted murder, assault. Proverbs 21:5, “The exercise of justice is joy for the righteous, but is terror to the workers of iniquity.” AYWACN!
- Smash and grab robberies prevalent in the US with authorities doing little to stop it. Ecclesiastes 8:11 comes to mind. “Because the sentence against an evil deed is not executed quickly, therefore the hearts of the sons of men among them are given fully to do evil.” AYWACN!
- Transgender reading time in kindergarten classes. Nothing more than the intentional indoctrination of children away from traditional nuclear family values. AYWACN!
- In the summer of violence in 2020, where there were 8,700 protests in which 574 turned into full blown riots with mass looting and destruction, our government was slow to condemn or attempt to turn back the crime wave. More than 2,035 law enforcement officers were injured. Whether 78% identified as Alt-Left or 51% identified as Alt-Right, the deafening silence from the Left in our government said it all. AYWACN!
- Woke cancellation of conservative ideas. Systematic shutting down of opposing thought through our media. Josef Goebbels, looking up from hell, would be proud. AYWACN!
- Florida school takes a group of underage children to a gay bar for a field trip. AYWACN!
- President Biden to build a $500,000 dollar wall around his vacation home in Rehoboth Beach, Delaware yet a wall along our southern border is somehow “racist.” AYWACN!
- In a complete abrogation of adult responsibility, we are now going to spend another $3.9 billion to payoff student loans because of student debt. People who may have never had the opportunity to go to college will be footing the bill for those who did. You got the loan, you knew the conditions and now you wet your pants and whine. We pay for your mistakes. AYWACN!
- Since Roe v. Wade, this country has murdered some 65 million babies. More than six times the level of the German Holocaust. AYWACN!
- Just today, U.C. Berkley has declared that white students are forbidden to enter common areas on some off campus student housing complexes unless they are first approved as a guest. Berkley is anything but a bastion conservative thought and once again, left up to their own devices, the tolerant Left has shown us what they are really made of. AYWACN!
- What about the National Archives slapping a “harmful content” warning on our Constitution and other founding documents. Yeah. In part they wrote, “NARA’s records span the history of the United States, and it is our charge to preserve and make available these historical records. As a result, some of the materials presented here may reflect outdated, biased, offensive, and possibly violent views and opinions. In addition, some of the materials may relate to violent or graphic events and are preserved for their historical significance.” They went on to say these historical documents could, “reflect racist, sexist, ableist, misogynistic/misogynoir, and xenophobic opinions and attitudes; be discriminatory towards or exclude diverse views on sexuality, gender, religion, and more,” and “include graphic content of historical events such as violent death, medical procedures, crime, wars/terrorist acts, natural disasters and more.” AYWACN!
This list goes on and on. People like the deceived Michael Hayden have shown all of us the level to which so many of our so-called leaders have devolved. Shallow, hollow politicos chasing political careers and the promise of big money and advancement at the end of their blackened, soulless rainbows. Many are absent of any moral compass whatsoever and are only driven by what they hope to gain for themselves and their families in this lifetime. Hunter Biden comes to mind. AYWACN!! Why not, there is no afterlife to consider. Nothing matters. There is nothing too wrong, nothing too selfish or evil. There is nothing too bad if you can benefit from it yourself. Sadly, they point their crooked, pooh covered fingers at us and accuse us of those things they themselves are doing daily. Reminds me of Romans 1:32, “and, although they know the ordinance of God, that those who practice such things are worthy of death, they not only do the same, but also give hearty approval to those who practice them.”
Shame on the shameless Hayden and all nihilists who think like him. Hey, if you are a nihilist, so be it. I would prefer if you were not one but at the end of the day, it is totally your decision what and who you wish to believe in. God alone has given us that choice. It is not my place to put any kind of constraint on you or your life. You leave me alone and I will leave you alone; life is good. But be a man. Put on your man pants. Take the pacifier out of your mouth, empty your diaper and admit what the heck you are. Don’t hide behind these big words casting aspersions on others for what you yourself are and believe in. Man up. But people like Hayden are too morally corrupt to face the reality that it is they who are fully spiritually depraved with no true compass in their lives other than selfishness, pride, greed and hoped for personal gain regardless of the trail of filth they leave in their wake.
It is much of like King Leopold II of Belgium in the Congo in the 1890s, killing up to 10 million natives, amputating hands and feet for not making a quota on the rubber the Belgians were stealing. Then there were the mass rapes, kidnappings, you name it. Or the Germans in Namibia in the early 1900s ethnically cleansing 80% of the Herero and 50% of the Nama totaling some 85,000 people killed. While stealing, killing, raping and mutilating entire groups of people, the European invaders then had the nerve to turn around and call the natives, “Savages.” Really. Them? Just like Hayden and Luce. Nihilists? Us? No, no I don’t think so. You have that one finger pointing at us while you have three more pooh covered fingers pointing back at you.