The people's voice of reason

Fort Bragg Kindergarten Teacher Removed After Parent Complaints and Federal Review

February 21, 2026 - FORT BRAGG, N.C. - A kindergarten teacher at Fort Bragg has been removed from employment following parent complaints and a federal review, officials confirmed this week.

Secretary of War Pete Hegseth announced Thursday on the platform X that the teacher - a substitute and classroom aide at Mildred B. Poole Elementary School - had been dismissed earlier this month. The Department of War Education Activity (DoWEA) followed with a formal letter stating that it had "severed the employment relationship" and that the individual "no longer has access" to the installation.

The action came in response to concerns raised by multiple Fort Bragg families, who reported in 2025 and again in January 2026 that the teacher had engaged in behavior they believed was inappropriate for a classroom setting. Parents said the conduct made their young children feel uncomfortable and unsafe, prompting them to seek outside assistance.

On February 9, Liberty Counsel sent a demand letter to DoWEA on behalf of several parents, urging the agency to remove the teacher from student contact pending an investigation. The group also requested that the department offer support services to any students who may have been affected.

DoWEA did not comment on the specifics of the investigation but said parents are encouraged to contact their children's schools directly with any questions or concerns.

Liberty Counsel Founder and Chairman Mat Staver praised the department's decision, saying it addressed the families' immediate concerns. "We commend Secretary Pete Hegseth for confirming that this teacher is no longer in a position to interact with children at Fort Bragg," Staver said in a statement. He added that the organization believes the case underscores the need for stronger oversight and clearer standards within the school system.

Fort Bragg officials have not released the teacher's name, citing personnel privacy rules. No criminal charges have been announced.

The incident has prompted renewed discussion among military families about classroom safety, communication between parents and administrators, and the unique challenges faced by schools on military installations.

 
 

Reader Comments(0)